Get Cutting Edge Herbal Supplements for Men
No Subscriptions - No Monthly Billing - Buy What You Need When You Need It!Activate 15% Discount
Learning About Amino Acids-Arginine
Arginine is also known as L-Arginine and is considered to be an amino acid that is semi-essential to the body. This amino acid has been found to be beneficial in variety of ways. Below is an overview of Arginine and its benefits.
Foods That Contain Arginine
Arginine is found in a variety of foods we eat every day. Some foods rich in this amino acid include:
• Pumpkin Seeds
• Dairy Foods
It is also possible to boost arginine levels in the body by taking supplements. While there is no dosage set as a standard by the Food And Drug Administration, a common dose is no more than 3 grams daily.
The list of benefits of Arginine is extensive. Consult your doctor before taking any supplement.
Arginine Side Effects
While Arginine has not been associated with many side effects, there are a few that may occur when taking higher doses of this amino acid such as:
• Possible Allergic Reactions
• Low Blood Pressure
Arginine Risk Factors
It is important to speak with your doctor before increasing your Arginine intake if you have any pre-existing medical conditions such as:
• Liver Problems
• Kidney Disease
• Sickle Cell Disease
• History Of Heart Problems
Although rare, Arginine may cause interactions with certain medications including:
• Certain Birth Control Methods
• Blood Thinners
• Hypertension Medications
• Erectile Dysfunction Medicines
Anyone who takes these medicines should consult their doctor before adding an Arginine supplement.
Arginine is a beneficial amino acid that has many health benefits.
- Do Supplements Like Glucosamine and Chondroitin Help Knee Pain and Arthritis?
- Chinese Herbal Supplements Horny Goat Weed Epimedium
- Polyphenols Key to Green Tea's Rich in Antioxidants
- Chondroitin and Glucosamine Osteoarthritis
- Why is my Sexual Desire Decreasing with Age?
- Boost Your Sex Drive with this Invaluable Guide