Get Cutting Edge Herbal Supplements for Men
No Subscriptions - No Monthly Billing - Buy What You Need When You Need It!Activate 15% Discount
Why Do We Have Prostate Issues As We Age?
As men age, they are at an increased risk of developing prostate issues. Many men are unaware the problem exists until they begin having uncomfortable symptoms. Below is an overview of the types of conditions that can affect the prostate gland and when they are most likely to occur.
What Is The Prostate Gland?
The prostate is a tiny gland located near the rectum. This gland plays a key role in the production of semen and it gets bigger as a normal part of the aging process. However, problems can arise if this gland becomes too large.
Types Of Prostate Problems
The most common problems associated with the prostate and older men include:
- Prostate Cancer
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia or BPH
- Chronic Prostatitis
- Acute Bacterial Prostatitis
- Chronic Bacterial Prostatitis
There are several factors that can increase the risk of prostate issues or cancer in older men such as:
- Being Older Than 50
- Close Family History
- Being African American Or Hispanic
- Eating A Diet High In Fat
Symptoms In Aging Men
When the prostate gland begins to enlarge, it may not produce any immediate symptoms. However, once the gland becomes too large most men begin to have prostate issues that produce symptoms such as:
- Urgent Need To Urinate
- Pain Upon Urination
- Dripping After Urination
- Problems Starting Urination
- Uncomfortable Feeling Of Fullness In The Bladder
- Waking During The Night To Go To The Bathroom
- Blood In Urine Or Semen
- Painful Ejaculation
- Chronic Pain In Thighs Or Pelvis
Prompt diagnosis of prostate issues is the key to reducing the uncomfortable symptoms it causes. It is also important to rule out prostate cancer as the cause of symptoms. Doctors can use a variety of tools to reduce the symptoms associated with prostate problems such as:
- Laser Treatments
Some men are unaware they have an enlarged prostate gland until it shows up in a routine medical examination. In these cases, doctors may recommend waiting until symptoms become a problem before beginning treatment for the condition.
- Do Supplements Like Glucosamine and Chondroitin Help Knee Pain and Arthritis?
- Chinese Herbal Supplements Horny Goat Weed Epimedium
- Polyphenols Key to Green Tea's Rich in Antioxidants
- Chondroitin and Glucosamine Osteoarthritis
- Why is my Sexual Desire Decreasing with Age?
- Boost Your Sex Drive with this Invaluable Guide